Le Castagne is celebrating all things white truffle, and the big attention-grabber is an eye-popping $26,000 dinner for four. Managing partner Anthony Masapollo was looking for a way to get people's attention, and that's definitely going to happen.
"Celebrating 11 years in business and proudly serving the Philadelphia community, Le Castagne decided to make our truffle celebration the most extravagant and exclusive in the entire world," said Masapollo. "Timing is critical for both cooking the most delicious food as well as harvesting Italian truffles, the most expensive food in the world."
If you have the 26 grand and want to try the menu, please call the restaurant at 215-751-9913 to make a reservation, which is required, starting next Monday and all throughout the week. In addition to the dinner, guests will receive a one-on-one cooking class with Le Castagne's Michael DeLone, and a Panerai Luminor Titanio wristwatch. They've put together a video announcing the event online.
- Puree of pumpkin soup, faro almonds, pumpkin oil and white truffles
- Milanese style egg, truffle bread crumb, spinach, roasted cherry tomatoes, truffle vinaigrette and humboldt fog goat cheese
- Beef tartare with marinated pioppini mushrooms, shaved parmesan cheese, quail egg, and white truffle ricotta mousse
- Tagliatelle con tartufi bianchi pasta with parmesan cheese sauce and white shaved truffle
- Veal rack, roasted baby potatoes, turnips, bacon, parmesan and shaved white truffle
- Roasted quail stuffed with house-made sausage, potato, guanciale and finished with black truffle demi-glace
- Creamy polenta, wild mushrooms, pancetta and shaved white truffles
- Fillet of dover sole stuffed with scallop, shrimp mousse and black truffle beurre blanc
- Chocolate lava cake with truffle ricotta gelato and honey
- Wine pairing with each course from the world-renowned Antinori Estates
- 47mm Panerai Luminor Submersible 1950 Amagnetic 3 Days Automatic Titanio wristwatch, a limited-edition Italian time piece manufactured by Officine Panerai
- Full-day Italian cooking class conducted by Le Castagne executive chef Michael DeLone