Ladies and gentleman, it is time. We are pleased to announce the Eater Young Guns Class of 2012, a group of 16 of the most distinguished young chefs, restaurateurs, sommeliers and hospitality industry professionals in the country. These are the junior statesmen of the culinary world who have most distinguished themselves this year, and who are its next stars.
The class of 16 are comprised of four women and 12 men; nine chefs, two sommeliers, two pastry chefs, and three front-of-house leaders. The youngest person on the list is 25 and the oldest, with just two and a half years in the business, is 32. They represent myriad styles and 12 cities: New York, Cleveland, Los Angeles, Boulder, Boston, Miami, Charleston, Philadelphia, Austin, Watertown, San Francisco, and Chicago.
Without further ado, they are:
· Kate Barney, Captain/Assistant Sommelier, Blue Hill at Stone Barns, New York
· Matt Danko, Pastry chef, The Greenhouse Tavern/Noodlecat, Cleveland
· Cole Dickinson, Chef de cuisine, ink., Los Angeles
· Chris Donato, General Manager, Pizzeria Locale, Boulder, CO
· Shore Gregory, Co-owner, Island Creek Oyster Farm, Boston, MA
· Bradley Herron, Chef de cuisine, Michael's Genuine, Miami
· Jeremiah Langhorne, Chef de cuisine, McCrady's, Charleston
· Adam Leonti, Chef de cuisine, Vetri, Philadelphia
· Malcolm Livingston, Pastry chef, wd~50, NYC
· Angela Majko, Sushi chef, Uchiko, Austin
· Tim Maslow, Owner/Executive chef, Strip-T's, Watertown, MA
· Bill Niles, Chef de cuisine, St. Vincent's, SF
· Natasha Phan, Director of business development and marketing, Kogi Group, LA
· Matthew Rudofker, Chef de cuisine, Momofuku Ssam Bar, NYC
· Ashley Santoro, Wine director, Casa Mono, NYC
· Erling Wu-Bower, Sous chef, The Publican/Publican Quality Meats, Chicago
Please head over to Eater National to read more about these talented up and comers, the scrutiny they went through to make the list, and why some of the best chefs in the nation think they're our future stars.
· The Eater Young Guns Class of 2012 REVEALED [~E~]
· Eater Young Guns [~E~]