While our very best burger joints turn out beefy goodness to hundreds of people each week, have you ever wondered what the true tally is for these meat meccas? We asked a few of Philly's most popular burger spots—like Sketch Burger, PYT, and Village Whiskey—how much beef they go through (and a few other stats), and you might be surprised by the epic amounts that we consume on a weekly basis. For instance, between 500 Degrees and Rouge, those kitchens go through around 2,000 pounds of beef each and every week.
Phyllis Farquhar, the owner of Fishtown's uber-popular Sketch Burger has been in operation for 5 years, and each year their popularity grows bigger and bigger. The menu now includes traditional beef burgers, kobe beef, bison, ostrich, and a variety of chicken and turkey burgers.
· How many burgers you sell in a week: We sell around 740 beef burgers each week. We sell around 100 kobe beef burgers each week.
· How many bison burgers you sell in a week: We sell 40 bison burgers and 40 ostrich burgers each week.
· How much lettuce you buy each week: We go through about 60 pounds of lettuce each week.
· How much ketchup you buy each week: "Fishtown loves ketchup. And, because of that, we go through 36 pounds of ketchup each week."
· How many buns you go through each week: We move around 900 buns each week.
Tommy Up's PYT has become synonymous with great burgers since opening up shop a few years ago. Up's marketing prowess and the talent in his kitchen has made PYT a veritable juggernaut at The Piazza.
· How much beef do you go through each week: We go through about 1,000 pounds of beef each and every week.
· How much lettuce you buy each week: We go through 200 heads of lettuce each week.
· How much ketchup you buy each week: We go through four cases of Heinz Ketchup. Only the very best.
· How many buns you go through each week: Usually we go through around 1,500 buns per week.
Jose Garces' Village Whiskey has been known for their fantastic burgers since they opened up shop, and many argue that it's the best version in town. The chatter hasn't died down one bit, and they contniue to churn out a massive amount of burgers.
· How many burgers do you sell each week: We sell about 1,000 burgers each week at Village Whiskey.
· How much beef do you go through each week: We go through about 700 pounds of beef, ground fresh and made to order.
· All Burger Week 2013 Coverage [~EPHI~]