Welcome to On the Racked, a roundup of the week's top fashion and retail news from our sister site, Racked Philly.
Century 21 will take over the stately space formerly occupied by Strawbridge's. Image credit: Flickr/The West End
1) Market East: The New York-based Century 21 Department Store will venture into the Pa. market by anchoring The Gallery at Market East. The off-price retailer tells Racked Philly to expect a fall 2014 unveiling.
2) Philadelphia: Need a new haircut for summer? From super tight fades to long mohawks, these eight salons can help you step outside your comfort zone, while keeping you comfortably within AC.
3) Rittenhouse Row: Joan Shepp is readying to debut the latest, greatest iteration of her eponymous boutique at 1811 Chestnut Street, the progress of which Shepp is documenting through film.
4) Gayborhood: Giovanni's Room is the latest Philly indie shop to get swallowed up by the big guys. Founded in 1973, the iconic LGBT bookstore will shutter this month.
· Racked Philly [philly.racked]