Marc Vetri's annual Great Chefs Event is tomorrow, which means that lots of Philly chefs are hard at work putting the finishing touches on some truly insane charcuterie (that 200-pound mortadella will feed guests at the after party at Alla Spina) and other details — and that lots of big names from other cities are starting to arrive, dining around town, and posting teasers of what they'll serve at tomorrow's event. We've gathered together a few of our favorites below.
· Chicago chef Ryan Poli shared a group shot from one of the Vetri family's now-traditional Brazilian jiu jitsu workouts:
· Cleveland's Jonathon Sawyer (of the Greenhouse Tavern; seen above, far left in the back row) has been all over — posting pics from Percy Street Barbecue, Zahav, Fork, and Volver — and even offered a sneak peek of his dish for the main event:
· Looks like Craig Rogers of Border Springs Lamb Farm will be spit-roasting a pair of lambs with Tom Colicchio and Lauren Hirschberg of Craft in NYC:
· And the dudes from NYC's Big Gay Ice Cream have stocked up coolers full of rose-cardamom twist for the event:
The Great Chefs Event is sold out, but if you missed out on tickets, you can still bid on some pretty insane auction items — like having Brad Spence cook in your home or Bobby Flay cook for you at Vetri, or tagging along with Craig LaBan on a review dinner.
· All Great Chefs Coverage [-EPHI-]