Celebrate America's most iconic canned meat with a Spam menu takeover at American Sardine Bar this Wednesday, August 27. The event is being hosted by ASB chef Scott Schroeder, photographer Neal Santos, and writer Drew Lazor, and it promises rare varieties of Spam begged directly from Hormel for the occasion.
Various forms of this universe's premiere canned meat (in flavors like hot & spicy, teriyaki, jalapeno, bacon, and Spam) will be worked into a full menu of dishes, drawing on influences ranging from the Philippines to the county fair, available a la carte starting at 6 p.m. on Wednesday evening. Fair warning: there's a pretty good chance the Spam will sell out.
Spam Night sample menu:
· Spam Pandesal Sliders: seared thick-cut Spam on homemade pandesal, a sweet Filipino breakfast roll, with mango/papaya slaw and mayo. (Here's a picture.)
· Spam Fried Rice Lumpia: Spammy fried rice twisted into spring roll wrappers and deep-fried until ludicrously crispy
· Spam Corn Dog: battered and served with beer mustard
Plus: Spam tacos, Spam mac 'n' cheese, and more.
· American Sardine Bar [Official]
· All Point Breeze Coverage [-EPHI-]