The Making of a Philly Original: The Clover Club
- The makings of the Clover Club. [All Photos: Stephen Dyer]
- Erich Weiss, grandson of former Bookbinder's owner John M. Taxin, heads up the bar program.
- Only the white makes it into the drink.
- Weiss prefers Bluecoat gin for this drink over a London dry gin, which might be more traditional.
- The vermouth "has to be Dolin."
- Housemade raspberry syrup.
- Lemon balances the sweetness of the raspberry syrup.
- The drink is shaken twice — once without ice and once again with.
- The Clover Club gets double-strained into a Nick & Nora glass.
- The finished product, garnished simply with a raspberry.