Snap Kitchen, an Austin, TX-based company specializing in healthy takeout meals, snacks, and beverages, is planning an East Coast, specifically a Greater Philadelphia area takeover by the end of 2016. Four Snap Kitchens are expected to open in February:
- Rittenhouse Square: 19th & Chestnut Streets
- Old City: 3rd & Market Streets
- Fairmount: 20th & Callowhill Streets
- Malvern, PA: 5 S Morehall Rd (at Lancaster Ave.)
And three more in the coming year:
- Washington Square West: 11th & Walnut Streets
- Cherry Hill, New Jersey
- Villanova, Pennsylvania
Snap Kitchen isn't so much a restaurant as it is a combination chef-driven convenience store/grocery store, a model akin to a prepared food section of, say, a Whole Foods or Wegmans, the difference being its all-inclusiveness. Meals come prepared in boxes (portions controlled) with high-quality ingredients and clearly detailed nutritional facts.
Stay tuned for opening dates.