Shake Shack, after opening two locations in Philly, and two more in King of Prussia, is setting its eyes on suburban Marlton, N.J. according to a recent report by the Courier-Post. On October 17, Evesham’s zoning board will consider the application for the free-standing building at Marlton Commons. The new Shack will share space with what will soon be South Jersey’s second-ever Honeygrow location.
Sign of the Times
Cheesesteak icon Geno’s Steaks has endured nearly 10 years of scrutiny due to some xenophobic, racist propaganda plastered onto its ordering window. During late owner Joey Vento’s reign, signs like “Press 1 for English, Press 2 for Deportation”, “American’s don’t press # 2” and most notoriously, “This Is AMERICA, When ordering, ‘SPEAK ENGLISH’” were posted to the front window. After he had passed, his son Geno Vento inherited the business and took down all but the “Speak English” sign, per his father’s dying request. And now, according to a Billy Penn report, the sign is gone, because, you know, it’s 2016. “We just came in one day and it was gone,” said a Geno’s employee.
Vedge, the nationally beloved vegetable restaurant by Rich Landau and Kate Jacoby, is turning five years old, and to celebrate, Landau and Jacoby are launching a weeknight-only $55, reservation-only tasting menu, available now till mid-December. Here’s the menu:
- Vegetable Charcuterie Boardpickles, smokes, roasts, marinades, ferments, breads, condiments
- Radish Ramendaikon noodles, shishito, sea beans, shiitake dashi, burnt nori
- Melted Brassicasblack pepper fregola, calabrian chile, autumn peppers
- Maitake Mushroom“shepherds pie”, roots, mustard, leeks, black lager
- Caramel Apple Cheesecakecandied peanut-pretzel crunch, pomegranate ice cream