Unusual weather we’re having. It’s back to icy temps in Philly, but restaurants and bars are here to warm everyone up. The snow is expected to continue all day but so far it looks like most places are staying open.
The best way to stay on top of which restaurants are still serving and which plan to close early is by checking the hashtag #OpenInPHL on Twitter, where restaurants let it be known they’re up and running and, sometimes, offering snow day deals.
Restaurants, email email@example.com if you have something special going on during the storm and want to be added to this list.
Look for updates here throughout the day.
Reading Terminal Market is open until 7 p.m. — an hour later than usual because of the Philadelphia Flower Show. Speaking of the Flower Show, going on all week at the convention center: It’s open until 9 p.m. today. What’s the food connection? DiBruno Bros. and Termini Bros. both have stands set up at the show, there’s a booth with wine slushies, and Stella Artois is pouring beer out of an RV in the middle of the displays. Not a bad way to spend a snow day for those who have off work.
Snow Day Deals:
- McGillin’s Olde Ale House (1310 Drury Street) has $3 mimosas and bloody marys and $5 Drury Sleigh Rides (hot cocoa, creme de menthe, and Ryan’s Irish Cream).
- It’s Mystery Beer Day at Brauhaus Schmitz (718 South Street). When there’s an inch of snow on the ground, diners can draw a number to get a mystery beer for $6, plus the chance to win swag.
- City Tap House University City (3925 Walnut Street) is doing $4 beers and $5 spiked hot chocolate.
- City Tap House Logan Square (2 Logan Square) has $4 Founders and Victory beers.
- Tria Taproom (2005 Walnut Street) is selling crowlers at 33-percent off until 5 p.m.
- Grace Tavern (2229 Grays Ferry Avenue) has $3 Narragansett beers.
- Taproom on 19th ( 2400 S. 19th Street) is selling $4 Starr Hill and Flying Dog drafts.
- Urban Farmer (1850 Benjamin Franklin Parkway) is whipping up $5 Irish coffees.
- Walnut Street Café (2929 Walnut Street) has $5 mulled wine, hot toddies, and spiked hot chocolate.
- Hot chocolate is going for $3 at Prohibition Taproom (501 N. 13th Street). Add a shot of Goslings Dark Rum or Branca Menta for $4.
- Balance out the booze deals with $12 Snow Day Cavatappi at Bufad (1240 Spring Garden Street). It’s pasta, Italian sausage ragu, egg, and Pecorino Romano in a cast iron skillet cooked in the wood-fired oven.
- Head to the bar at Fond (1537 S. 11th Street) to get any dish from the happy hour menu for $10. The special is going on all evening.
- From 5 p.m on, Garage Fishtown (100 E. Girard Avenue) is doing an $8 frosé (rosé slushie).
- At Heritage (914 N. 2nd Street) get half a grilled cheese and a cup of tomato soup for $8, a bowl of chili and cornbread for $12, or hot buttered rum for $5.
- Select wine flights are $10 at Vintage Wine Bar (129 S. 13th Street). Plus, late-night happy hour goes from 10 p.m. to midnight with sangria or sparkling wine for $5, beer for $3, and house wines for $4, along with food specials.
- Tiki (102 S. 13th Street) is offering $6 Jameson mixed drinks, $6 Altos mixed drinks, and $4 PBRs.
- At James (1835 Arch Street), get an order of wings for $8 when you buy a whiskey drink. That’s one way to warm up.
- American Sardine Bar (1800 Federal Street) is cooking up a breakfast sandwich with sausage or scrapple for $7 and grilled cheese and tomato bisque for $8.
- SouthGate (1801 Lombard Street) is offering a burger or KFC wings and a beer for $12 and SouthGate CityWides for $4.
- Select glasses of wine are going for $5 at Root (1206 Frankford Avenue).
- All five locations of OCF Coffee House are closing at 3 p.m.
- Dilworth Park Cafe in front of City Hall is closing early.
- Both locations of Joe’s Steaks and Soda Shop (1 W. Girard Avenue, 6030 Torresdale Avenue) are closed today.
- Love & Honey Fried Chicken (1100 N. Front Street) is closed.
- Wishbone (210 S. 13th Street) is closed.
- Waffles & Wedges (1511 Pine Street) is closed.
- Hop Sing Laundromat (1029 Race Street) is closed.
- The Blue Duck (2859 Holme Avenue) was open for most of the day but is now closed.
#openinphl @trycaviarphilly have a little left, let’s sell out and go home lolol!! pic.twitter.com/NkB5S5zst7— @mikesbbq_215 (@mikesbbq_215) March 7, 2018
What Bud says, goes... #OpenInPhl pic.twitter.com/kIUpjarkH4— Bud & Marilyn's (@budandmarilyns) March 7, 2018
Zama will be open today from 11:30 to 10pm, Stop in and take a break from the weather! #openinphl— Zama Restaurant (@ZamaSushibar) March 7, 2018
Snow day vibes. Open today. 12-3pm. 5-10pm. GM Ben P takes his job very seriously. #noodlemaster #openinphl pic.twitter.com/SDtHRef0R9— Cheu Fishtown (@cheufishtown) March 7, 2018
Don’t think too hard, guys! #OpenInPHL pic.twitter.com/SIZYWRi0Gz— SouthPhillyTapRoom (@SPTapRoom) March 6, 2018
We’re open! Beef + Beer Chili: Brewery Techne Chain Smoker Rauchbeir, Sour Cream, Cheese #farmtotakeout #openinphl #everythingisbetterwithbeer pic.twitter.com/VYBSq2xRro— Stockyard Philly (@StockyardPhilly) March 7, 2018
#truth #openinphl #snowday #comehangout #walkamileinmyshoes https://t.co/ML7p9WMcap pic.twitter.com/2uFW5958mq— Vintage Wine Bar (@VintageWineBar1) March 7, 2018