The snow is coming down in Philadelphia, which means bars and restaurants are offering up discounts on hot toddies and hot soups to keep the crowds coming in.
The wintery weather is expected to continue through the afternoon, but so far it looks like most places are staying open. The best way to stay on top of which restaurants are still serving and which plan to close early during the snowstorm is by searching for the hashtag #OpenInPHL on Twitter or on Instagram.
Restaurants, email email@example.com if you have something special going on during the storm and want to be added to this list.
Look for updates here throughout the day.
- Korean gastropub Southgate is offering $10 burgers, $10 Korean fried chicken, and a $7 hot toddy.
- Head to The Good King Tavern during happy hour (5 to 7 p.m.) for $1 oysters, $6 champagne coupes, and a $10 bubbly the restaurant is calling “fancy schmancy.”
- On East Passyunk Avenue, Manatawny Still Works is doing $10 hot toddies and $10 Hot Buttered Jawns.
- From 5 p.m. to close, Time is offering a $6 hot toddy and a $7 parsnip soup.
- Good Dog Bar offers half-priced canned beers on Wednesdays (and it’s Wednesday).
- Swing into Heritage for a $7 Hot Lobby — it’s a hot version of the restaurant’s Hotel Lobby, a cold brew coffee and bourbon cocktail.
- Bar is serving a 16-ounce Miller High Life and a shot of Old Overholt Bonded Straight Rye Whiskey for $8. Or order a $10 Twisted Toddy: a can of Twisted Tea with a shot of Overholt.
- Garage Passyunk is selling $6 Old Granddad hot toddies. On the other side of town, Garage Fishtown is doing an $8 Northchata cocktail with vanilla bourbon, almond milk, and cinnamon simple syrup.
- Red Owl Tavern is serving its signature burger, with smoked mozzarella and tomato jam, with a draft beer for $15.
- At Philadelphia Brewing Company, get a draft pint and a shot of well liquor for $7.
- Ocean Prime is extending its happy hour: From 4:30 pm to close, small plates and sushi, like beef or crab cake sliders, are $10 and East Coast oysters are $1 each. There are also $10 wines and $10 cocktails.
- At Square 1682, the 1682 Burger with onion jam, smoked gouda, and Applewood bacon plus a beer are going for $16.82.
- For a sweet treat, Joe’s Steaks + Soda Shop is doing $5 milkshakes.
- Get a spiked hot chocolate for $10 at CO-OP in University City.
- Urban Farmer at the Logan Hotel has $5 Irish coffees. On the top of the hotel, Assembly Rooftop Lounge is serving a $5 hot toddy.
- McGillin’s has $5 Drury Sleigh Rides and $4 bloody Marys, mimosas, and bellinis.
- The Post, the new bar with arcade and table games in University City, is offering $3 High Lifes and Rolling Rocks and $5 chili cheese fries, barbecue chicken nachos, and meatball sliders.