Parks on Tap, the traveling beer garden that pops up in a different Philly park every week, is back for the season with Lost Bread Co. pretzels, pulled pork sandwiches, and a namesake beer. Through Sunday, August 28, find the food, drink, hammocks, and lawn chairs in the Azalea Garden in Fairmount Park, behind the Art Museum.
The project, now in its fourth year, is a fundraiser for the city’s parks put together by the Fairmount Park Conservancy and Philadelphia Parks & Rec and run by FCM Hospitality, the group behind Morgan’s Pier on the waterfront, Rosy’s Taco Bar and Harper’s Garden in Center City, and Craft Hall in Northern Liberties.
The pop-up goes to 23 parks over 23 weeks, including four spots that are new for 2019: Historic Rittenhouse Town in Wissahickon, Fisher Park in Olney, McMichael Park in East Falls, and the Discovery Center in East Fairmount Park. The full schedule is here.
Weather permitting, the hours are Wednesday and Thursday from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., Friday from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday from 1 p.m. to 11 p.m., and Sunday and holidays from noon to 10 p.m.
Check out the food menu:
- ($5) Smoky Deviled Eggs, dijon filling, tarragon
- ($5) Kettle Cooked Chips and Onion Dip
- ($4) Lost Bread Co. Pretzel, Pimento Cheese
- ($4) Lost Bread Co. Cornbread, hot sauce butter
- ($9) Quinoa salad, Spring Vegetables, Balsamic Dressing, Local Greens, Add smoked chicken +$3
- ($11) Pulled Pork, Classic Slaw, Bread and Butter Pickles, Seeded Milk Bun
- ($12) Brisket Cheesesteak, Cherry Pepper Cheese Sauce, Onions, Baguette
- ($11) Smoked Chicken Salad Sandwich, Local Greens, Pickled Onions, Seeded Milk Bun
- ($11) Charred Squash and Eggplant Hoagie, Lettuce, Onion, “Veganaise,” Baguette
- ($11) Square Personal Pizza, mozzarella cheese, fermented tomato sauce, basil - Mushrooms +$2, Italian Sausage +$2, Pepperoni +$2
- ($3) Cole Slaw
- ($4) Potato Salad
- ($2) Bag of Chips
- ($4) All Beef Hot Dog, Potato Bun
- ($4) Lost Bread Co. Pretzel Shortbread cookies (2 pieces)
- ($3) Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Soft Serve Ice Cream
The drinks list includes Parks Pale Ale from the new Mainstay Independent Brewing Company located at Craft Hall, along with other drafts ($6–$8) and cans ($7), a rosé ($8). and rotating draft cocktails.
To cut down on waste, a reusable plastic cup is available for $1 and a fancier silicone pint cup is going for $15. Both have the Parks on Tap logo and get you $1 off a drink every time you use one. (You can also bring your reusable Parks on Tap cup from a previous year to get $1 off.)
Parks on Tap is free but you have to sign up as a member online first and show up with your confirmation email.
- Roving Beer Garden Parks On Tap Has Released its 2019 Location Lineup
- Philly’s Essential Beer Gardens